FDOT Curb Inlet Tops
The Curb Inlet is typically a below ground box structure with a vertical throat opening at the street level. As the name implies, the opening is placed in the curb perimeter of the paved surface area. Also at the street level, is an iron access cover (often referred to as a “manhole cover”).
Most curb opening inlets depend heavily upon an adjacent depression in the gutter for effective flow interception. Greater interception rates result in shorter (and probably, more economical) inlet lengths. However, a large gutter depression can be unsafe for traffic flow and bicycle operation near the gutter line. Therefore, a compromise is in order when selecting an appropriate value for the gutter depression.
U. S. Concrete Products Corporation manufactures FDOT Types 1 through 8 curb inlet tops, to FDOT Index 210 for types 1 through 4, Index 211 for types 5 & 6, Index 212 for Type 7 and Index 213 for Type 8 specifications.
Types we can manufacture are:
1. Type 1 with a left or right wing
2. Type 2
3. Type 3 with a left or right wing
4. Type 4
5. Type 5 with a left or right wing
6. Type 6
7. Type 7 with a left or right wing
8. Type 8
We also can manufacture and supply:
1. Type 1 throat top w/ USF 1182-X or XB DOT
2. Type 2 throat top w/ USF 1182-X or XB DOT
3. Type 3 throat top w/ USF 1182-X or XB DOT
4. Type 4 throat top w/ USF 1182-X or XB DOT
5. Type 5 throat top w/ USF 5160-6310
6. Type 6 throat top w/ USF 5160-6310
7. Type 7 throat top w/ USF 1262-X or XB DOT
8. Type 8 throat top w/ USF 1262-X or XB DOT